[Biococoa-dev] BCSymbolSet done

Charles PARNOT charles.parnot at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 14 02:23:10 EST 2005

At 12:06 PM -0500 3/13/05, Koen van der Drift wrote:
>On Mar 13, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:
>

>>>Shouldn't that be initWithString:@"ACGU"  ?
>>>
>>>Also for the rnaSymbolSet I think it should be initWithString:@"ACGURYMKSWHBVDN"
>>>

>Fixed.
>
>- Koen.

Nice job...

Interestingly, here is the original method:

+ (BCSymbolSet *)rnaStrictSymbolSet
{
	if ( rnaStrictSymbolSetRepresentation == nil )
	{
		rnaStrictSymbolSetRepresentation = [[BCSymbolSet alloc] init];

		[rnaStrictSymbolSetRepresentation addSymbol: [BCNucleotideRNA baseForSymbol: 'A']];
		[rnaStrictSymbolSetRepresentation addSymbol: [BCNucleotideRNA baseForSymbol: 'C']];
		[rnaStrictSymbolSetRepresentation addSymbol: [BCNucleotideRNA baseForSymbol: 'G']];
		[rnaStrictSymbolSetRepresentation addSymbol: [BCNucleotideRNA baseForSymbol: 'T']];
	}

	return rnaStrictSymbolSetRepresentation;
}

BBEdit did the job for me, and BBEdit does not know biology very well, apparently. I will file a bug report to Bare Bones Software.

Well, and it was ~midnight...

charles

--
Help science go fast forward: