[Biococoa-dev] (no subject)

Alexander Griekspoor a.griekspoor at nki.nl
Mon Mar 14 03:31:54 EST 2005

On 14-mrt-05, at 9:13, Charles PARNOT wrote:

> At 9:28 AM +0100 3/12/05, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:
>> Sounds awesome Charles, great ideas. I guess many algorithms can
>> benefit from this approach. It's indeed very wise to "standardize"
>> this conversion path and provide some "legal" form to go from symbols
>> to c structures and vice versa for performance reasons in the case
>> that native use of BCSequences is not possible or does not suffice.
>> Alex
>
> At 10:41 PM +0100 3/13/05, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:
>> Hmmm, somehow I totally miss the reason the remapping. Why would it
>> be leaner/faster?

You are right, sounds pretty contradictory (and is to some extent as
Koen made a good point which made me think about it again and see
things differently a bit). The point is that I do see the need for a
CONVERTION of BCSequences to c structures (i.e., c arrays) that's
clear. However I do not see the need for REMAPPING char symbols to
different characters. Given that, and Koen's remark, I do not see why
this would need a special object and can't be done in two or 3 methods
in BCSequence itself. Hope that makes my schizophrenia more explainable
;-) More to follow...

                   AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                  E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
               Web: http://www.mekentosj.com

               4Peaks - For Peaks, Four Peaks.
        2004 Winner of the Apple Design Awards
                Best Mac OS X Student Product
              http://www.mekentosj.com/4peaks

                  AIM: mekentosj at mac.com
                   E-mail: a.griekspoor at nki.nl
               Web: http://www.mekentosj.com

    The requirements said: Windows 2000 or better.
    So I got a Macintosh.