[Biococoa-dev] Optimizations

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Tue Mar 15 16:34:39 EST 2005

> Right now, about 1/4 the time is spent in the "representsSymbol" method,
> querying arrays, so I'll look into finding a way to speed that up.

In answer to my own question, NSSet seems to be more efficient than an array
for this use.  Any thoughts on using one?  We could either use an internal,
private ivar only for tests such as this, or change the array to a set.
Arrays and sets seem pretty readily convertible, and all this is in the
BCSymbol class, so this shouldn't be a big deal.

JT