[Biococoa-dev] Weighted sequence score

John Timmer jtimmer at bellatlantic.net
Tue Mar 15 17:36:51 EST 2005

>>> One of the things the alignment work has gotten me thinking about
>>> implementing is a weighted sequence score.
>
> Its more a weighted base score, isn't it ?

Well, it should work for anything, although the examples I'm thinking of
using it for are bases.  That's just my personal bias, though.

Regarding what's below, I think it's a great idea as one alternative for
creating a weighted consensus, but it's not a general case.  There's
statistics generated from several hundred mammalian splice sites, which have
awkward fractions like 43%, and we'd need a way of having those imported
without forcing the user to create enough sequences to generate a 43%
fraction.