[Biococoa-dev] string definitions

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 20 20:41:58 EST 2005

Hi,

I was adding the stringdefinitions to some more source files, and ran
into a weird build error. I can add #import "BCStringDefinitions.h" to
one file (BCSymbol.m in this case), and use the replacement properties
for various strings. However, if I then add #import
"BCStringDefinitions.h" to the next file (BCAminoAcid.m), I get linker
errors such as:

ld: multiple definitions of symbol _BCSymbolpKaProperty
/Users/koen/Documents/Development/Active
Projects/FrameWorks/BioCocoa/build/BioCocoa.build/BioCocoa.build/
Objects-normal/ppc/BCAminoAcid.o definition of _BCSymbolpKaProperty in
section (__DATA,__const)
/Users/koen/Documents/Development/Active
Projects/FrameWorks/BioCocoa/build/BioCocoa.build/BioCocoa.build/
Objects-normal/ppc/BCSymbol.o definition of _BCSymbolpKaProperty in
section (__DATA,__const)
ld: warning prebinding disabled because dependent library:
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/
AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit can't be searched

Anyone has more knowledge about linkers, and hopefully how to fix this?
The file
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/
AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit is present on my system.

thanks,

- Koen.