[Biococoa-dev] BCSequenceCluster

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 8 09:57:16 EDT 2005

On Oct 8, 2005, at 9:34 AM, Peter Schols wrote:

> BCSequenceSet sounds quite good and makes our naming scheme
> consistent indeed ;-)
> The only problem I see is that for some I/O formats of I/O
> conversions you want to do, preserving the order of sequences would
> be nice.

Yes, you're probably right. Although you could use NSSet's allObjects
method, which returns an array of sequences. So maybe its actually
better to have a BCSequenceArray class:

@interface BCSequenceArray : NSObject
     NSMutableArray    *sequenceArray       // array of the sequences

     NSString                *description;               // text to
describe the sequences

-(void) sequenceAtIndex:(int)index;
-(void) addSequence: (BCSequence *) aSequence;
-(void) removeSequence (BCSequence *) aSequence;

We could eg make use of NSArray's makeObjectsPerformSelector method
to set up alignments etc.