[Biococoa-dev] BCSequenceCluster

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 12 08:13:19 EDT 2005

On Oct 10, 2005, at 2:04 AM, Charles Parnot wrote:

> I suppose we can at least use just one offset value, which is where
> each sequence is actually positioned, and then have gaps in between
> symbols as needed. So just one integer per sequence: instead of
> starting a sequence ith 400 gaps, store its position as being
> '400'. The position is relative to the leftmost sequence (and with
> circular sequence, well, euh, we don't do that!!).
>
> But this is an implementation detail. Whatever Koen prefers is fine
> with me if he writes the code ;-)

I will give it a shot, but I am looking for a input file to work
with. Do you think test1 or test3 in the Translation demo code will
work? Also, are we assuming that the input file is already aligned,
correct. Otherwise we need to have a way to define a starting point
without any alignment code.

cheers,