[Biococoa-dev] KDTextView update

Alexander Griekspoor a.griekspoor at nki.nl
Thu Apr 13 06:21:56 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

While working yesterday on an EnzymeX update fixing a number of bugs,
I also took another look at our beloved textview.
I've moved the textstripping from my controller to the textview so
that I don't have to worry about that anymore.
Notice that the implementation Koen did in the current demo only
works when you enter single characters at a time, copy, paste,
dragging etc is not allow using that implementation. I've changed the
approach by overriding a number of methods, and now it works great as
far as I can see.
Filtering can be switched on or off using the added "filter" property
(maybe I should have named that "filters", hmm).
One exercise for the reader would be to add an "allowed_characterset"
property, I've currently hardcoded the DNA characters, hence it
doesn't work for filtering aa's.
I'm not sure how this fits with the bc classes, but I'll leave it up
to koen to decide  if/how to implement all this.
As a bonus it also includes the code that I use to mark a certain
region, which is now also updated upon editing (code that might come
in handy when doing annotations).
http://www.mekentosj.com/temporary/KDTextView2.zip
Cheers,

                   AIM: mekentosj at mac.com