[Biococoa-dev] More goodies!!

Charles Parnot charles.parnot at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 12:49:02 EST 2006

I don't think we need 2 repositories. Subversion is very convenient
for branches and tags. I think Alex's final code should be included
"as is" in the current svn directory, as a side project of BioCocoa,
because this is usable-right-now tested code, just like BioCocoa 1.6
is. I would do the following structure in the repository, something
close to the usual "recommanded" layout:

BioCoao
...Trunk
......[Checkout of the latest CVS repository]
...Tags
......BioCocoa 1.6   <-- BCReader from Peter
......BioCocoa 1.7   <-- BCReader from Alex
......Goodies
.........EntrezController 1.0  <--- From Alex
.........KDTextView 1.0   <-- From Koen
.........KDTextView 1.1   <-- From Alex
...Branches
......Goodies

The "Goodies" directory could be named something else, like
"Subprojects" or whatever you like, and might alternatively be moved
to the root (under BioCocoa), and have its own Trunk, Tags and Branches.

The "Branches" directory is empty right now, but might soon have a
"BioCocoa 1.x" branch if we want to fix bugs / add features on the
1.7 version, and/or have a "Goodies/KDTextView 1.x" branch for the
same reasons. Of course, the code for these should be merged in the
BioCocoa Trunk as soon as possible too, and we probably don't want to
generate too much code on the 1.x versions.

Let's take advantage of super-easy management of Tags and Branches
with Subversion... Just my 2 cents!

charles