[Biococoa-dev] Re: Subversion proposal

Peter Schols peter.schols at bio.kuleuven.be
Tue Mar 7 04:48:33 EST 2006

Hi Charles and other listers,

We are getting there indeed! Your paragraph below summarizes exactly
what I had in mind. Both ways are very similar indeed, and from the
point of view of the "user" your approach might be better because the
tag will only contain the relevant code (while with my approach it
would contain all trunk code).

So, I'll move the code Alex has written to a folder called 1.7 inside
the Tags folder and remove it from the trunk. Does everyone agree on
this?
It still feels a bit strange, but given the schizophrenic nature of
BioCocoa, this will be the best indeed. I hope we can quickly have
our own code use our own foundation classes and move it all to the
trunk.

If I don't hear any indications against this approach, I'll create
the repository later today, so we can all start working on the code ;-)

Regarding the website: I agree it needs a major treatment, and I'm
willing to do this, but I'm afraid it won't be before the end of the
month. Orbicule takes away too much of my time right now....
If anyone thinks it should be done sooner, feel free to do so. You
have "carte blanche".

Peter