[Biococoa-dev] Subversion proposal [correction]

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 7 06:28:38 EST 2006

On Mar 7, 2006, at 4:15 AM, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:

> Hmmm, from "great stuff" to "polluting sample code" huh, thanks!

Guys, I was kidding about the 'polluting'. What I meant was that I
think we should have all the examples (Peptides, Translation,
SequenceConverter) and your new AppKit demo separate from the
framework. I

> - The additional code in the BCReader class is merged with the new
> one, which focuses on working with the sequencearray objects (Koen
> started this already I believe).

Yes, the 'updated' version is called BCSequenceReader. I propose that
once the transition is over, we remove BCReader to prevent confusion.
And we also should not forget to work on BCSequenceWriter.

> - The KDTextView is put in the BCAppkit directory, and should in
> theory also be enhanced to work with our native objects

The original version is already there, and called BCSequenceView.

> By the way, to bring even another topic up, wasn't it
> BioInformatics who now also features a wiki for each project?

A wiki sounds like a great plan.

cheers,