[Biococoa-dev] wiki

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 9 21:20:26 EST 2006

Hi,

I was looking into setting up the wiki page for BioCocoa, and have
been in contact with Jeff from Bioinformatics.org about that. In
contrast to the info on the nwes website, not every project already
has a wiki setup by default. That would include us. There are
actually a few ways to do it, and I wanted to check with you first
before I proceed. Here's what he replied:

[quote]
It is possible to combine the wiki with the existing website,
provided none of the file names conflict.

You may also choose to do as one other project has done: create a
second directory in public_html named "BioCocoa-wiki" for that purpose.

And, of course, you may choose to completely replace the existing
webpage with the wiki.
[/quote]

My preference would be to leave the current website for publicity
purposes (screenshots, downloads, etc), and set up a wikipage for
everything else. So that would be either option 1 or 2. Option 2
seems the most logical to me: http://bioinformatics.org/biococoa/wiki/

Let me know what you think and I can contact the admins from
Bioinformatics.org to set up the wiki for us.

I also forwarded him the concern from Charles for the svn and
BerkeleyDB conflicts, here is his answer (actually a question):

[quote]
Regarding SVN/BerkeleyDB, we're noticing the "corruption problem".
We think it's actually a DB locking problem and no corruption is
actually occurring.  We have a cron script check on the DBs because
of this.  Do you know if there is a replacement (planned) for
Berkeley DB in SVN?
[/quote]

Let me know if any of you can answer that,

cheers,