[Biococoa-dev] strider and gck format

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 12 08:52:28 EST 2006

On Mar 11, 2006, at 7:19 AM, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:

> Just to make sure, you can also export DNA strider files in a ascii
> format, I've attached a native file for you to test that is in the
> default binary format.
> Again, you can't use text, trying to read in a binary file as ascii
> text will destroy the header..

Thanks Alex,

I was struggling some more with the Translation demo to get your
sample file to work. Apparently hard-coding the path as we do now is
not a good approach (at least in my hands). So I was thinking to add
your openPanel code to the Translation demo. Or even better, we could
have an openPanel controller class in our BCAppKit that can be used
in various programs. It could then also be used to get sequences
using NSURL.

Let me know what you guys think of this approach, so I can start
working on that class (BCSequenceIOController seems like a useful
name). I won't have much time today though, it's going to be > 25 ûC,
so I don't feel like sitting behind my computer :)

cheers,