[Biococoa-dev] strider and gck format

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 19 10:11:49 EST 2006

On Mar 19, 2006, at 5:57 AM, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:

> Great work Koen! Nice!
> Alex
>
> On 18-mrt-2006, at 15:30, Koen van der Drift wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just updated the Translation demo, and added the openPanel
>> code from the BCAppDemo to import files. It now works with the
>> strider format.
>>
>> Next is to merge KDTextView with BCSequenceView.

Alex,

How can I control the number of symbols in the column view (in the
KDTextView) ? It would be nice to make that variable, eg my
preference would be to have 10 symbols in one column. You already
added a method setColumnWidth, but I don't see anything similar for
the number of symbols. We should also be careful that we don't hard-
code the dimensions of the column (and the overlay), because the user
may want to change the fonttype and -size.

cheers,