[Biococoa-dev] strider and gck format

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 20 17:25:30 EST 2006

On Mar 20, 2006, at 5:04 AM, Alexander Griekspoor wrote:

> 'm not sure if you can use a formatter in combination with a
> textview, I thought only with a textfield (update, just checked.
> setformatter: indeed only works with NSCell, but perhaps you could
> set it on the fieldeditor. probably also not, because that one is
> also of class NSText).

Yep, I found that out a little bit after doing some more reading :(

Anyway, with shouldChangeTextinRange it is very easy to do:

- (BOOL)textView:(NSTextView *)aTextView
		shouldChangeTextInRange:(NSRange)affectedCharRange
		replacementString:(NSString *)replacementString
{
	if ([[self protein] validateInput: replacementString])
	{
		editedRange = affectedCharRange;

		[[self protein] changeSequenceStringInRange: editedRange
withString: newString];	// this needs some more attention

		return YES;
	}

	return NO;
}

and in validateInput:

- (BOOL)validateInput: (NSString *)aString
{
	return [[self symbolSet] containsCharactersFromString: aString];
}