[Biococoa-dev] Greetings

Scott Christley schristley at mac.com
Fri Sep 22 10:57:55 EDT 2006

Hello Philipp,

On Sep 22, 2006, at 5:01 AM, Philipp Seibel wrote:

> So i'm thinking of building a RNA Framework for BioCocoa so i think
> it would make sense if you could make a Microarray framework
> containing your code. So organizing code for different
> bioinformatic areas in different frameworks would be a good
> solution, i think. Like eg. the apple quartz.framework.

Do you mean like those umbrella frameworks, a framework with a bunch
of frameworks within it?  I tried looking into how to make those but
it seems Xcode doesn't directly support building them.  I guess there
are some developers out there who figured out how to build them but
the details are sketchy.  Regardless, I like the idea and I agree
that is better than either having a bunch of individual frameworks or
one huge framework with everything in it.

> I think it sounds promising :-). Btw. do you have support for MAGE-ML?

I haven't worked with MAGE-ML directly, but because it is an XML
format, parsing is straight-forward.  It then becomes a matter
pulling the desired info out of the XML.

Scott