[Biococoa-dev] Re: GNUstep patch

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 24 18:18:34 EDT 2006

On Sep 24, 2006, at 5:54 PM, Scott Christley wrote:

> I didn't want to send this patch to everyone on the mailing list,
> so hopefully you can review and apply if it looks good.
>
> One file has been added to the Xcode project, BCInternal.h.
> Everything else should be makefiles for GNUstep, unfortunately the
> way the make system works under GNUstep, need a makefile in each
> directory that has source files.  This isn't a complete port, just
> BCFoundation, but I will work on the other stuff soon.

Scott,

Thanks for sending the patch files. Before we apply them, I would
acctually like to get some more input from the mailinglist and see
what opinion others have. This is a pretty big change in the project
files, and I don't want to just go ahead and apply it. Furthermore,
is GNUStep aware of all the changes in recent OS X version, eg does
it know about all the new classes in BCFoundation and BCAppkit? If
there are any classes that GNUStep doesn't know about, we would be
forced to start writing separate code, and at this time I'm not sure
if that would be a recommended path forward.

Please note that I am not trying to stay away from GNUStep, I just
want to make sure that it doesn't interfere with the current
framework and future developments/.

cheers,