[Biococoa-dev] Re: GNUstep patch

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 24 19:07:05 EDT 2006

On Sep 24, 2006, at 6:43 PM, Scott Christley wrote:

> I noticed that there were a number of source code files in the
> directories, but they were not in the Xcode project, for example
>
> BCFoundation/BCSequence/BCSequenceDNA.{h,m}

Those files are all deprecated, we now only use BCSequence, and no
subclasses. To id a sequence, we use BCSymbolSets (similar to
alphabets in BioJava and BioPerl).

> Essentially I compile the source files that I saw in the Xcode
> project.  These all compile fine, but I haven't tried to run a test
> program.  I was thinking that I would try to get the tests running
> on Mac then see how they run on GNUstep.
>
> I'm not sure what changes there are that might not be supported by
> GNUstep.

I suggest that you make sure that everything build and runs fine in
GNUStep before we apply any patches to the framework. Besides the
tests, there are also some example programs in the project.