[Biococoa-dev] project alive?

Alexander K. Hudek akhudek at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Sep 22 18:47:09 EDT 2008

I'm initially working on a slightly more flexible version of the Vista
alignment tool (or similarly the SinicView tool) while I wait for
research results to compute. This is in part to learn Cocoa
programming and in part because I find both tools to be very clumsy
and lacking in their ability to easily add custom annotation tracks.
Ultimately, I'd like an easy to extend platform for both evaluating
alignments and visualizing them in various ways. Too many of these
sorts of tools are extremely customized to one particular data source.

It isn't a major priority for me, but I figure that it's better to
build functionality into a tool like this rather than create one shot
command line tools as I've currently been doing. If I get somewhere
useful with this, I'll be sure to send back changes and relevant
classes.

Regards,

Alex