[Biococoa-dev] commit authorization

Koen van der Drift koenvanderdrift at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 18:19:37 EDT 2011

On Apr 16, 2011, at 5:45 PM, Scott Christley wrote:

> Hmm, that's strange.  If you don't have the keys setup then it should just ask for your password for bioinformatics.org, but it seems to be just disconnecting you.  Are you able to login to your account on bioinformatics.org?
>
> http://www.bioinformatics.org/project/?group_id=318

Yes, I can login, I have no problem with that. I actually emailed them to see if they can help me. Maybe there's something wrong on the server side.

> When you first tried connecting with ssh, did it ask you about authenticity, some message like this:
>
> The authenticity of host 'bioinformatics.org (75.126.74.92)' can't be established.
> RSA key fingerprint is 18:b2:62:ee:00:76:74:94:c9:e5:e4:28:27:b5:92:14.
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
> Warning: Permanently added 'bioinformatics.org,75.126.74.92' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.

I don't recall seeing that message.

> Maybe somehow it is remembering your host (same IP address as old computer?) and that is causing a problem.  You can try deleting or moving the .ssh/known_hosts file, then try connecting with ssh.

I don't have such a file.

Interestingly, it recognizes my name when I try to ftp:

koen at CloverBook:~$ ftp bioinformatics.org
Connected to bioinformatics.org.
220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.
220-Local time is now 18:17. Server port: 21.
220-Only anonymous FTP is allowed here
220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Name (bioinformatics.org:koen):
230 Anonymous user logged in
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.