[Biococoa-dev] BCSequenceView binding problem

Gregor Hageluken gh50 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sun Jul 31 17:22:31 EDT 2011

I am trying to bind the 'value' property of a BCSequenceView to a TreeController that is again bound to my CoreData model. When I start my app it gets stuck in an infinite loop in the setString: method of BCSequenceView.

I did not change anything in the code of the class.

The app works fine when I remove this binding or when I bind it to a normal TextView instead.

Any idea what's wrong? I am not using the whole BioCocoa framework by the way, just the BCSequenceView class and the BCAppKitDefines.h file.

Also I get a couple of compiler warnings for this line of code:
id <BCSequenceViewDelegate> delegate = [self delegate];
The warning is:
Semantic Issue: Initializing 'id<BCSequenceViewDelegate>' with an expression of incompatible type 'id<NSTextViewDelegate>'
Can I do something about that?

I am using Xcode 4.1 on OSX Lion.

Gregor Hagelueken
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Naismith Group
Biomedical Sciences Research Complex
University of St Andrews
Purdie Building, North Haugh, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9ST
Email: gh50 at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:gh50 at st-andrews.ac.uk>
Tel:  +44 1334 467247