[Biococoa-dev] adding framework to project problem

Koen van der Drift koenvanderdrift at gmail.com
Sun May 29 13:35:34 EDT 2011

All,

This is driving me nuts. Just as a test case for the changes I am
making, I am using the Example project Peptides. As is well documented
all over the Internets, and I have done many times before, I added the
Framework to the product from it's current location, which is in the
branches->obj2->BioCocoa->build directory. And then add it in the
project to the Copy Files build phase.

I keep getting an error that dyld cannot find the image for the framework:

dyld: Library not loaded:
@executable_path/../Frameworks/BioCocoa.framework/Versions/A/BioCocoa
  Referenced from:
/Users/koenvanderdrift/Documents/Development/Projects/BioCocoa/Applications/Demos/trunk/build/Debug/Peptides.app/Contents/MacOS/Peptides
  Reason: image not found

I tried relative and absolute paths, but both give the error.

Interestingly, if I copy the framework to /Library/Frameworks/ and
link it into the project from that location, it works just fine. But I
don't want to copy the framework there everytime I make some changes.

So, what's going on, is this something new as well in Xcode 3?
(3.2.6).  Has anyone tried this recently and ran into the same
problem?

As I said above, this is driving me nuts...