[Biococoa-dev] BCSequenceView

Koen van der Drift koenvanderdrift at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:24:18 EDT 2011

Ok, another BCSequenceView question...

In my app, BCSequenceView displays a string from my CoreData model. I am using MyAppDelegate (non-document based) as the delegate of the sequenceView.

What happens when the app starts is that setString is called for the sequenceView, but when I step through the code, the delegate at that point is still nil, and thus no filtering is done. I am trying to understand why the delegate at this point is still nil, I used both IB and awakeFromNib in the MyAppDelegate to set the delegate for the sequenceView. Maybe the CoreData model loaded *before* the delegate is set?  If I turn off filtering, the sequenceView works just fine and displays the sequences of my model. But of course it doesn't filter the input, which is not what I want.

I looked at the Peptides demo, and it builds and runs as expected on my system, Xcode 4 and Lion. The only difference is that the Peptides demo has a theController class that acts as the delegate, in my app, I'm using MyAppDelegate.

Anyone has an idea how I an get this to work?

Thanks,