[Biodevelopers] Is it source available for blastall

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Thu Oct 10 07:36:47 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 23:50, Bala wrote:

>   I didn't find .ncbirc file in my stand allown blast
> download from NCBI site, can you give me some info
> regrading .ncbirc file content and where to
> put(location) of the file.

place this in the directory you are running your BLAST from.  My file
looks like this...

    [NCBI]
    Data=/work3/ncbi/data
    [BLAST]
    BLASTDB=/work3/ncbi/db

Where the Data=/path section points to the scoring matrix directory, and
the BLASTDB=/path section points to the location of the databases I use.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com
web  : http://scalableinformatics.com