[Biodevelopers] HMMER benchmarks

David Huen david.huen at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 9 15:51:12 EST 2003

I would like to see the availability of a standard set of benchmarks for
HMMER to make it possible to compare performance of various hardware
configurations and improvements made to the codebase.

Would Erik Lindahl be willing to release the specific
datasets/sequences/scripts used by him to benchmark his version of
Altivec-HMMER so we could compare the effects of other configurations to
the benchmarks he has already completed?  Many users will not have access
to the range of hardware he has at his disposal and the ability to compare
newer platforms/code to that which he has already examined will be of
benefit.

Regards,
David Huen, Dept. of Genetics, University of Cambridge