[Biodevelopers] XML schema/API for BLAST?

Abhik Shah android5 at hyperreal.org
Mon Jul 28 14:34:00 EDT 2003

I know for sure that NCBI's Blast supports XML output. The XML Schema is
here:

http://www.kaiseryang.com/bio/db/NCBI_XSD.html

BioPerl, BioJava and others have parsers (and possibly example code)  for
the XML output. As for input, I don't think NCBI's Blast supports XML-RPC
or SOAP.  IBM has some free SOAP wrappers for common bioinformatics
services (including BLAST) here:

http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/ws4LS

or you can just write you own wrapper..

Abhik.