[Biodevelopers] ID recognition + ID mapping

Eric Gundrum eric at macgroup.com
Sat May 31 12:33:18 EDT 2003

--- At 6:37 PM +0100 5/29/03, Christophe Bouvard wrote:
>I am a new member of this list. Before asking my two questions, here is a
>very short presentation of me:
>I started in the bioinformatics' world
>a month ago. My work is about the implementation of an functional data bank

Christophe, you may find this book helpful:

Bioinformatics: A Practical Guide
  A detailed tour of the online databases and existing tools for analysis
  of genes and proteins.
    <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471383910>

It is a bit old, but it provides concise information about commonly used
BioInformatics databases and their data formats. Rather than answering your
question, it may help you understand what resources are available. There
are many code projects which can demonstrate how to perform tasks similar
to what you want, but you may need a better understanding to know what
pieces are useful to your problem and what are not. I believe the book ends
with a description of using Perl to work with the databases.

		Regards...eric