[Biodevelopers] Mathematica in bioinformatics and computational biology

Andrew A. de Laix delaix at wolfram.com
Wed Oct 22 14:59:34 EDT 2003

Hi all,
	I am doing some research for Wolfram Research into the
bioinformatics and computational biology market.  Joe Landman suggested this
group as a good one to direct some questions regarding Mathematica use in
the bio community.  First off, are any of y'all using Mathematica now, and
if so what for?  What would you like to see in Mathematica that would make
it even more useful to you?  What features and improvements would you like
to see?   What application packages might you find useful?  If you aren't
currently using Mathematica, what do you see as the deterrent to using it
for biology applications?  Anything I can do to change your mind :-)?

I would definitely appreciate any input.  Wolfram Research is certainly
interested in the bio market, so we are listening.  By the way, if any of
you has any questions for me about Mathematica, even technical ones, I will
be happy to answer them.

Andrew

Andrew A. de Laix, PhD
Business Development Manager