[Biodevelopers] Release of SeWeR version 3.0 beta

Malay Kumar Basu curiouser at ccmb.res.in
Mon Sep 1 06:59:41 EDT 2003

Hello Bio-Software hackers:

I have just uploaded a CVS snapshot of the upcoming version 3.0 release
of SeWeR at-

http://www.ccmb.res.in/malay/sewer

Please do not mirror this version of SeWeR. Please wait till I release
the final version.

Those who have mirrored earlier version of SeWeR or have plan to mirror
the new version do send me the URL for incorporation in the final release.

Here is the release note:

What's new in version 3.0 ?
===========================
This is the first W3C DOM compatible version of SeWeR. That means,
SeWeR now runs in almost all the major browsers, particularly,
Netscape (Mozilla). This is an almost complete rewrite of the
internal JavaScript engine of SeWeR.

This version was tested in NetScape 7.* on Linux and Windows and
Internet Explorer 6 on Windows. This is the last version of SeWeR that
will support NetScape 4.

*Note: During the release of this version I had no access to OsX
machine. This version, therefore, is not tested on OsX. Do request
Apple to donate me a machine ;-)

All the major and minor link problems has been fixed.

SeWeR is a very popular web interface for bioinformatics services. Do see:

Basu M K (2001) SeWeR: a customizable and integrated dynamic HTML
interface to bioinformatics services. Bioinformatics. 17(6): 577-578.

Check SeWeR out online at-

http://www.bioinformatics.org/sewer

Cheers,

Malay