[Biodevelopers] NCBI Toolbox

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Wed Sep 17 18:49:56 EDT 2003

You might look into SeqHound which is built on top of the NCBI toolbok.
 http://seqhound.mshri.on.ca/apihelp.html
and may be easier than trying to talk to NCBI directly and provides what
may be a more intuitive API.

Alternatively if you are willing to download the data several toolkits
{BioPerl,BioJava,BioPython, several C libraries} exist for building local
indexes to sequence data.  It depends on what type of information you are
trying to extract.

-jason