[Biodevelopers] question

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 28 15:14:58 EDT 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, adil gul wrote:

>hi .....
>
>thanxx for reply... well sir.. i am just a student not a researcher..
>as i mentioned i am doing BS in Bioinfo...so there is really not much
>research work involved... niether my uni provide the best
>enviornment.. ok leave it.. i want to know y did u ask whether i am
>just a
>> C++/Java software developer or a researcher?
>.... does the field involve much of research work?.. kindly tell me

You can do as much or as little research as you like, and still be a
'bioinformatician' imho. Some people in the feed develop tools,
applications and services using known biological or computer
science principals, others seek to discover new principals. Perhaps this
view is a bit too simplistic however.