[Biodevelopers] Programming bounties

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Apr 3 11:20:53 EDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 11:16:07AM -0400, Joe Landman wrote:
-> Why not create a list just for the bounties?

You could also just set list Reply-To to the sender only.  Most lists
I'm on are configured that way, and it really cuts down on the
gratuitous "me too!" traffic.

--titus

-> J.W. Bizzaro wrote:
-> >Hi guys,
-> >
-> >I was wondering if you think we should permit or ban such
-> >announcements.  I personally don't have a problem with them (they're
-> >certainly helpful to the parties that would be involved), but people
-> >need to reply directly to the poster (sender) of the announcement if
-> >it's not a topic of discussion.  I'm sure that no one here wants to get
-> >messages saying, "No thanks" and, "I'd like to help." :-)
-> >
-> >What do you think?  People tend show their objection by simply
-> >unsubscribing, but we don't want that.
-> >
-> >Cheers,
-> >Jeff