CfP : ALBIO'08 / BIRD’08 (Vienna, Austria)

Mourad Elloumi mourad12345678 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 10:46:54 EST 2007

                CALL FOR PAPERS

                    ALBIO'08
          Algorithms in Molecular Biology

                    Workshop
              held in parallel to

                     BIRD’08
          2nd International Conference
                       on
        Bioinformatics Research and Development

                www.birdconf.org

 Computational Molecular Biology has emerged from the
 Human Genome Project as an important discipline for
 academic research and industrial application. The
 growing size of biological databases, the complexity
 of biological problems and the necessity to deal
 with errors in biological sequences all result in
 large run time and memory requirements. Biological
 sequence databases are growing at an exponential
 rate. All of these factors will make the development
 of fast, low memory requirements and high-
 performances algorithms increasingly important in
 Computational Molecular Biology.

 In our workshop, we are interested in papers that
 deal with all aspects of algorithms in Molecular
 Biology. We are, particularly, interested in
 algorithms that address fundamental and/or applied
 problems in Molecular Biology that are
 computationally efficient, that have been
 implemented and experimented on simulated and/or on
 real biological sequences and that provide
 interesting new results. The submitted papers should
 present recent research results and identify
 and explore directions for future research.
 Topics include, but not limited to: (i) strings
 processing, (ii) biological sequences comparison,
 (iii) structures prediction, (iv) phylogeny
 reconstruction, (v) DNA sequences assembly,
 clustering, and mapping, (vi) molecular evolution,
 (vii) genes prediction/recognition, (viii) genes
 expression (ix) haplotyping (x) genomes rearrangement
 (xi) strings barecoding.

 INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
 You are invited to submit a draft paper in Word or
 PDF format, about 5 to 8 pages including figures and
 references, before January 31, 2008 to the Workshop
 Organizer:

 Dr. Mourad Elloumi :
 E.Mail: Mourad.Elloumi at fsegt.rnu.tn or
 Mourad12345678 at yahoo.com

 Important Dates
 Submission of Full Papers: January 31, 2008
 Notification of Acceptance: March 15, 2008
 Camera-ready Copies: April 15, 2008