[Biodevelopers] anyone following the iPlant challenge?

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 17:47:19 EDT 2008

"Plant biologists were offered a dream ticket last week: US$50 million to address the biggest challenges in their field. But the money comes with a catch. It can't be used to generate new data, only to create user-friendly computational tools. And, perhaps hardest of all, researchers have to persuade others in the field to collaborate on how to spend the funds.

Personally, I'd be interested in tools for finding a rapid response to emerging pathogens.
Ug99 comes to mind. Not entirely sure what all this would include however.

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka at hotmail.com
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.
Note: Hotmail is possibly blocking my mom's entire
ISP - try  me on marchywka at yahoo.com if no reply
here. Thanks.