[BioEdu] Thanks!

Sudhindra.Gadagkar at notes.udayton.edu Sudhindra.Gadagkar at notes.udayton.edu
Tue Aug 15 12:05:58 EDT 2006

Dear all,

Sorry about the belated thanks to all those who replied.  Unfortunately, I
went out of town soon after posting my request and have only just
returned.  If I may continue, however, I notice that several of the
replies suggested books etc. for a course designed for teaching
programming for bioinformatics.  Although I write code, I am a biologist
and this course is being offered by the Biology department.  In fact, the
computer science department would certainly take objection if I were to
teach programming in the course.  I will have to restrict the teaching to
available tools only.  I can of course, give the computer science students
projects where they would be required to write code (any suggestions?).
Essentially, I am trying to do what Michael Sadowski has suggested.  By
the way, Christoph's Bioinformatics STRAP appears very interesting but I
am still to explore it properly.

Cheers,

Sudhindra Gadagkar

Sudhindra R. Gadagkar, Ph.D.