[BioEdu] Research in BioInformatics

Martin Jambon martin_jambon at emailuser.net
Fri Aug 25 17:38:02 EDT 2006

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Julien Peeters wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am a student in Bio-Informatics in France (Université Paris XI) and I
> was wondering what are the most active research domain for the moment
> and in coming years?
>
> There some domains particularly interesting to study?

You will not have problems finding interesting topics. If I were you, I
would avoid competition: don't do what everyone else does. For the same
efforts, you will produce something unique rather than something than
dozens of other PhD students and postdocs are already working on.

In general, I tend to think that the best source of inspiration comes from
experimentalists, who have real problems to solve (and a budget for this),
rather than hardcore bioinformaticians who tend to have a biased view on
what is important.

Martin

--
Martin Jambon, PhD