[BioEdu] Open-access course materials

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Wed Sep 6 17:15:40 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

I've been getting some inquiries about the availability of gratis, open-access course materials that can be (re-)used in developing a bioinformatics course.  I started putting together a list below of resources that I'm aware of.  I'm hoping that we could expand upon it and maybe put it on a wiki page (the list archives are also cached by Google).

Bifx-specific:
  http://bioinformatics.ca/
  http://s-star.ym.edu.tw/ (s-star.org not working?)
  http://bioportal.cnb.uam.es/eLearn/
  http://www.ember.man.ac.uk/

Related:
  http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Biology/index.htm
  http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Biological-Engineering/index.htm
  http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Mathematics/index.htm
  http://www.swc.scipy.org/

There are also various tutorials out there from places like NCBI, EBI, EMBL, etc.  Any recommendations would be appreciated, but they need to have an open-access license (e.g., GNU FDL or Creative Commons).

Cheers,
Jeff
--
J.W. Bizzaro
Bioinformatics Organization, Inc. (Bioinformatics.Org)
E-mail: jeff at bioinformatics.org
Phone:  +1 508 890 8600