[Biophp-dev] Seeking comments on CVS, XML, and other TLA's

Greg Tyrelle biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 15:34:41 +1000

*** Dong Gregorio wrote:
  |>I am at this point working with the NCBI BLAST query module and the
  |>EUtils modules.  I have this feeling that I "ought" to be using the
  |>XML-parser capabilities in PHP, but as I keep looking at it I
  |Do you have some links/materials on this?  I can't comment
  |until I've read up on it.  Also, would you happen to have

The EUtils service documentation is here:

  |a list of bioinformatics software/tools, and which among
  |them can be accessed online, in a purely interactive manner,
  |or via some sort of remote procedure call, SOAP/web service,

I've never seen one but you might find the following links

 o EMBL soap service:

 o  Biomoby: a web services registry project

 o DDBJ's web services:

 o Omni Gene:

Web services support for BioPHP anyone :]

Greg Tyrelle  (http://www.kinglab.unsw.edu.au/~greg)

"Logic only gives man what he needs,
 magic gives man what he wants" - Tom Robbins