[Biophp-dev] gone for two weeks

Nico Stuurman biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
31 Jul 2003 20:36:41 -0700

As you can see I really took some time off!  That was great.  It also
made me realize that I simply do not have enough time to fully engage in
this project.  I'll still try to do something now and then, but don't
expect too much.

I made a start with the BioSQL scripts.  The script to generate the
BioSQL tables using adodb works (but is a little futile since there are
already scripts to generate these tables for MySQL and Postgres).  Oh
well.  I also started working on a function that writes a seq object to
a BioSQL database. Hmm.  It seems that almost every field in BioSQL has
the attribute 'NOT NULL'.  That makes it virtually impossible just to
write a simple sequence with a name to it.  I am afraid that it will
takes some time to fully grasp what people are doing with BioSQL and how
they fill those tables.  If someone else feels like trying, that would
be great!

Best,

Nico