[Biophp-dev] Why is the sky blue?

Serge Gregorio biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 03:52:21 +0800

Just out of curiousity, I have two questions gnawing on my mind right now.  I dunno if any of you would care to comment.

   1) How do beavers learn how to build dams?
      How do they feel the urge to build dams?

      The first is a skill, the second a behavior.
      Is one or the other a gene thing?  Learned
      from other beavers?  A combination of both?
      Is it a 50-50 thing?  30-70?

   2) Cell differentiation. How does a cell know
      that it's supposed to develop into a hair
      cell and not a tooth cell or an eye cell?

   3) And lastly, why is the sky blue?  Nah...

Cheers!

Serge

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com