[Biophp-dev] Fasta filetype parser updated

biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 06 May 2003 16:47:41 PST

Only had a quick glance, but the methods:
isFromFile()
setSource()
findNextLabel()
readtoLabel()
might be needed (unchanged) in many other parsers.  Should we have a
parser class that can be extended by the specific parsers, or is that
getting too ugly?

I'll try to get started on the Genbank parsers soon.  That will extend
the array returned by the parsers dramatically,so we should have a
careful look at that array once the Genbank parser is done.  Also, I'll
probably take the approach to have the findNextInfile in that parser read
a whole record into an array,and do the actual parsing only in the array.

Sean, do you want to have a go at the clustalw parser too?

Nico