[Biophp-dev] Re: levenshtein distance

S Clark biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 8 May 2003 16:16:59 -0600

On Thursday 08 May 2003 12:13 pm, Serge Gregorio wrote:
> Hi Frank!  Thanks for your valuable contribution...
>
> > nobody serious would be doing >genetic analysis with
> > PHP).
>
> Yes, and I READ THAT too... * laugh out loud *

They're right, of course, everyone knows that doing genetic analysis with
a scripting language is silly.  I mean, you don't see people doing
genetic analysis with Perl, do you?  Oh...wait.... :-)

Personally, I think whoever wrote that bit of the manual is seriously
understimating what can be done with PHP.