[Biophp-dev] Question

S Clark biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:51:20 -0600

In order to add code to the CVS tree at bioinformatics.org, you'll need
a bioinformatics.org login name, and I'll need to add it to the
developers list...and that's about it.  (The instructions for CVS itself
are on the bioinformatics.org website).  If you already have a
bioinformatics.org login (or as soon as you've got one) let me know and
I'll add you to the developer list.

We DO have import and export frameworks ready for initial use, but the
only export module currently written is a simple FASTA example.  If you
had time to add a Genbank and/or embl format module in the same style to
add to the export section that'd be very helpful!  Take a look at
seqIOExport.inc.php and exporters/export_fasta.inc.php - that should
(hopefully) show how an "export_genbank.inc.php" class should be
structured (comments and suggestions, as always, are welcome...)
The current code is (for the moment) actually residing in the "genephp"
section.  Reorganization under the biophp section should happen Real Soon Now.
(The whole "two different-but-cross-pollinating projects with the same name"
thing IS a bit confusing...)

We may be really quiet right now (probably a combination of work and school
hitting us all again - that's MY excuse, anyway) but we're not dead yet...

Thanks!

Sean

P.S. I'm not sure about getting 24 extra hours in the day - I have a sneaking
suspicion that the work day would just expand to compensate.
That kilo of that pure laboratory-grade Caffeine in the chemical supply
catalogs looks more appealing all the time...