[Biophp-dev] hmmpfam parser

Nico Stuurman biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:42:56 -0700

Hi Yvan,

You'll first need an account at bioinformatics.org and Sean has to add
you as a developer.

As for the code itself, we try to adhere the PEAR coding standards
(http://pear.php.net/manual/en/standards.php).  Not all the code there
has been PEARified yet, but you can look at biophp/genephp/seq.inc.php
as an example.  Try to provide ample documentation and references to
specific algorithms etc. if applicable.

I am not sure where in the structure your parsers would fit (Sean, do
you have a good idea about this?).  biophp/genephp/parsers is not a
good idea since these are all parsers for sequence file formats (I
guess we should rename parsers to importers).
biophp/genephp/interfaces and biophp/genephp/utilities seem equally
applicable right now.

In the long run we should get some kind of datastructure holding output
from blast/fasta like services.  It would be great if you and Sean
coudl think about that.

Hope this helps,

Nico