[Biophp-dev] hmmpfam parser

S Clark biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:09:09 -0600

--nextPart1140506.EzGK2DDuDX

Argh - sorry about the delay in posting - works insane right now...

There actually is already a BLAST xml parser in CVS, though if yours
is better there's no reason we can't change over (for that matter
there's not really any reason we couldn't compare the two and combine them).

If you want to have a look, you can see it in CVS at:

https://bioinformatics.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/biophp/sean/semi-official/ncbi_blast_parse_xml.inc.php
and the base xml parser from which this class is derived is at:
https://bioinformatics.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/biophp/sean/semi-official/support_modules/parser_xml.inc.php

Comments and suggestions welcome, as usual.  (I just noticed that although the
frontend class got copied over to the more official "genephp" subdirectory,
the parsers and NCBI-BLAST frontend didn't, apparently - will fix that
later...)

Note that the "parsers" actually interpret the results and contain methods
for fetching the individual result fields as needed.  The whole result in
the form of an associative array (or "hash table" or whatever you want to call
it) is stored by the parser.

If you want to contribute code, just let me know what your login is
at bioinformatics.org and I can add you to the developers list.

Thanks!

Sean