[Biophp-dev] New question from the Newbie

biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:24:47 +0100

Hello all,

I am planning to do a locuslink-file parser.
So I read the swissprot parser in order to get some good ideas.
Since my knowledge in php is not as good as yours I have a newbie =
question
concerning the following line of the function parse_swissprot

while (list($no, $linestr) =3D each($flines))

if $flines is from $seqIOimport->flines, I understand cause it is an =
array

if $fines is from $seqIOimport->fp, I don't understand cause it is a =
file
handle or does it work in the same way ?

Thanks in advance if you can give me more information about that.

Sincerely,

Fred