[Biophp-dev] eutils

Nico Stuurman biophp-dev@bioinformatics.org
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:08:46 -0700

Forgot to mention that I played around with the eutils in sean's
semi-official directory a bit last month.  I added an
'eutils_elink_class.php' and 'elilnk_test.php', as well as a
'simple_pareser_xml.inc.php' class.
THings are definitely not finished.  It seems to me that the OO
approach seemed overly zealous here.  It becomes very cumbersome to set
all the variables before making the eutils call.  It makes it easier to
construct the elink URL directly in code than to go through a whole
array of member functions to make it work.

Anyway, I have to admit that I got enough working for my little project
(the pdf database in phplabware will now go out and fetch the
appropriate pdf file when you feed it a pubmed ID, works for quite a
few journals), and got distracted with other things again.  Arghh,
wished there was more time in a day..

Best,

Nico