[Biophp-dev] bibliographic database

mel list_php list_php at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 05:19:42 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm working on a database following experimental results on targets.
I'd like to include bibliographic information regarding these targets, if
possible classified by experimental step (sequence/expression/structure for
example).

I was wondering if somebody here already made that kind of thing and would
have any suggestion on how to start?
I was thinking about using openBQS (http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/openBQS/) but
this is more a general query page, my ideal goal is to have something like a
page presenting the information on my targets at each step and next to it an
hyperlink "relevant publications".
My second idea was to retrieve synonyms of my targets names and using that
querying automatically SRS, retrieving pmid/title for each target and
storing that in a mysql table.

As you see I'm in early stage of reflexion, so any idea wellcome!!

Melanie