[cmview-devel] New mailing lists

Henning Stehr stehr at molgen.mpg.de
Wed Apr 21 10:15:12 EDT 2010

Hi all,

since there has been quite a lot of progress in the development of
CMView recently, I created two mailing lists for the project:

The purpose of the first list (cmview-devel) is to coordinate the
development efforts, especially for the times in the future when most
or all of us will not be at MPIMG anymore. The second list
(cmview-users) is for questions and discussions about using CMView and
for publicly announcing new versions.

This is also a preparation for moving the repository from our internal
server to bioinformatics.org and thereby going fully open source which
is planned for some time around this summer.

When this is done, you will be able to check out the latest version from here:

http://www.bioinformatics.org/groups/?group_id=1030

For the moment, if you are interested in testing the new features and
you currently don't have access to black at MPIMG, let me know and I can
send you a snapshot.

The underlying java library OWL (formerly called AgLappe) which by now
contains many nice classes for protein analysis is already available
as an open source project at

http://www.bioinformatics.org/groups/?group_id=1014

Cheers,
Henning