[cmview-devel] contact map comparison using cmview

Henning Stehr stehr at molgen.mpg.de
Mon Dec 24 10:25:29 EST 2012

Hi Sikander,

to compare contact maps, you can load one in Casp RR format, then load
the second one from the Compare menu. In the File->Info dialog you can
see the overlap counts.

Now for secondary structure, I'm not sure what exactly you intend to
do. If you have predicted secondary structure states for each residue,
these can't be used in the contact map comparison unless you somehow
translate them into contacts. For helices one may still assume some
idealised geometry but for beta sheets you will need to know something
about the overall topology to place them.

Hope that helps.

Henning